Social Security surpasses 2.6 million foreign affiliates in June

Jul 18, 2023 | Current affairs, Featured, Revista Lloseta, Thursday Daily Bulletin, Tradition

This is 12,800 more than in May and 418,000 more than before the pandemic and represents 12.6% of the total number of Social Security contributors. Affiliates from Ukraine have increased by 39% since January 2022, when the war had not yet started.

Social Security registered 2,607,613 foreign affiliates in June, after discounting seasonality and the calendar effect. This is 12,830 more than a month earlier. Since February 2020, before the impact of the pandemic, the system has recorded an increase of more than 418,000 workers from other countries.

TDB keeps you informed. Follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram

Foreign affiliates in June

This figure represents 12.6% of the total number of Social Security affiliates in June in seasonally adjusted terms.

Average enrolment
In average terms and without seasonal adjustment, that is to say, in the original series, Social Security registered 2,698,604 foreign affiliates this month, which represents 17,612 more affiliates than in May. Of the total, 895,142 workers came from European Union countries (33.2%) and 1,803,462 from third countries (the remaining 66.8%). The largest groups of workers are from Romania (349,913), Morocco (328,359), Italy (180,558), Colombia (162,298) and Venezuela (141,536). Of the total, 55.6 % are men, while 44.4 % are women.

Over the last twelve months, the average number of foreign workers has increased by 9.6%, i.e. 235,714 people employed.

65,700 Ukrainian affiliates
Among other nationalities, there are 65,724 members from Ukraine. This is 18,465 more than in January 2022, when the war had not yet started, representing a growth of 39.1%.

Foreign Social Security Affiliates June

Most of the workers from Ukraine, about 87.2%, are in the General Scheme (employees) and 12% are registered as self-employed.

Regimes and sectors
Overall, 84% of foreign affiliates are in the General Regime, with a total of 2,268,138 workers. The sectors that added the most workers were Accommodation (4.9 %), Administrative Activities and Water Supply Activities (3.7 %) and Artistic Activities (3.2 %). On the other hand, the number of workers fell in Education (-8.2 %) and Agriculture (-1.5 %). There was also a decrease in the Special Agricultural System (-9.38%) and in the Household System (-0.12%).

For its part, the Self-Employed Scheme accounted for 424,661 foreign affiliates. Of the total number of self-employed, 14.8% came from China, 11% from Romania and 9% from Italy.